Flat battery update

I've had the battery charger on for about 8 hours and the indicator says its charging and not fully charged. I took it off charge to check it with a multimeter and its showing 12.87v buuut if I hold the multi meter on it, it slowly goes down every 5 seconds after 5 second it read 12.86v 5 seconds later 12.85 etc etc.

I'll give it the full 12 hours it says it needs charging or until the light says charged and then it goes into float mode for an hour or so and then try again.

Do you think I have a bad see thats not holding a charge here ?

Cheers fella!

Reply to
James

They all drop in voltage when come off charge. If it starts the car it's fine :-)

Reply to
Duncan Wood

immediately after disconnecting the charger it would show an unnaturally high voltage (a surface charge), usually about 14v (so you are 1.5 volts down). leave it till (if) it goes to float charge, then either leave it alone for a day and check the voltage or stick it on the car and try it. if it is knackered it will not go to float charge (usually)

Everything you could ever need about batteries and charging is here:

Mrcheerful

Ahhhhhh (like on the bisto advert lol)

Reply to
James