Battery update part 2:

Righto chucked it on the charger and it now says its fully charged and has gone into float mode, its currently reading 13.28v which is a lot better than the 10.55 volts it had. So I guess this means I'm lucky to not have a bad cell ?

Going to chuck it back in the car tommorow and see how it runs.

Just to clarify a few things when I put it back in the car without it on what is the optimal volt reading ?

And with it switched on ?

And with it switched on and lights heater etc on load running ?

Any other check that can be made ?

Thanks

Reply to
James

Unknown, it's dependent on so many things there is no right answer ( And with it switched on ?

initially approx 12.8V

Over 12V

It shouldn't dip below the manufacturers specified voltage at full load for the defined time. Or in practical terms if it starts the car at this time of year without going below 10.5V it's fine.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

James explained on 01/07/2008 :

12.6 plus

Better than 12v

Rev engine to 2,000 and it should be 13.8 to 14.4, turn all of those off and at tickover the same.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield