Focus Ignition Leads

Or pay with Paypal.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I went to

selected Automotive Spare Parts and so on across various links until after various websites (all Bosch linked) I got to
which appears to be an official Bosch site. I then searched for a Ford Focus Mk1 1.6 (assumed not FFV) - came up as Focus [99] (1998-2005), I selected the 1.6l engine.

I was given a selection of engine codes, which I selected the latest named one (FYDD) as yours is an 04 plate (I could be completely mistaken with codes!) and selected Show Equipment.

Model selected: FOR 2832 / Focus 1.6i / Focus 99 / 1,6 / 74kW / 08/1998-05/2005 / FYDD

This displayed all Bosch equipment for this model. I then selected the Engine tab. At the very top of the list is:

Designation Installation Bosch Order No restriction Ignition cable harness(B 208) 01/2000 -> 0 986 357 208

So, it does appear that the Bosch B208 ignition cable set is being reported by Bosch as being their recommended set (no other set was listed).

Now, I could have selected the wrong engine code etc - but it does sound as if they actually did supply the correct set.

David Hearn
[...]

Conversely, if you Google "Bosch B208", the hits reference the Fiesta...

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

(Apologies for own-post follow up)

Further investigation of the Bosch catalogue site reveals that "B208" is what is described as a "Type formula"; perhaps it just identifies the item as an ignition lead set? Full ID would require the whole 10 digit code.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

On the box in addition to the B208 it has Ref: 0 986 357 208-FL and a list of the Fiesta models it fits. It definitely does not fit my Focus - the fittings are different at both ends. John Weale

Reply to
John Weale

Have you tried contacting Bosch? Because their catalogue is saying the

0 986 357 208 should fit (based on the search I performed for Mk1 Focus 1.6, I don't know the exact engine code of your car), which is probably where the retailer gets their information from. D
Reply to
David Hearn

Yes - I emailed their Customer Services a couple of days ago asking them to confirm or otherwise the part reference - no reply so far. John Weale

Reply to
John Weale

Can you fax them? That often obtains a quick answer. Emails are left to last.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

My 2003 1.6 focus had a FYDB coded engine, stamped onto the engine block.

David

Reply to
David

My 2004 1.6 Focus engine is FYDB John Weale

Reply to
John Weale
[...]

Yebbut who's to say what's in the pack corresponds to what's printed on it?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

You seem to have a lot of faith in PayPal.

Reply to
The Revd
[..]

IME, Dave's faith is justified; I wouldn't do business on eBay with anyone who didn't use PayPal, and it's my preferred option for buying online from other sites as well.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I've used PP when I've had to, but I get loads of junk mail asking me to "check my account" or sort some problem out with my account. If I used it much it would be a pain sorting out any genuine email from them.

Reply to
Gordon H
[...]

What do you call loads? I've not had more than half a dozen of those in as many years.

Perhaps you need a better email client, ISP, or both!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I can only speak from my own experience as mainly a buyer on Ebay. With some 600 transactions. If the OP had paid by Paypal, he'd not have had problems getting a refund, as it's heavily biased towards the buyer.

Of course no 'bank' is 100% perfect - as I'm sure everyone knows by now. But for the average Ebay purchase PayPal offers more protection than any other payment method.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

'My' car club now offers membership payment by Paypal. It costs them less than any other as convenient option, I'm told.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

'Misplaced' faith.

Reply to
David Bowman

It varies. I had hardly anything for a year or two, then they find a way past the Cloudmark filters until they catch up.

Reply to
Gordon H

Non of that here. Just the odd genuine mail from PP with some special offer or whatever. So I'd guess you've just got yourself on to some particular phishing list.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)