focus jacking point

to jack a focus up is still location in the picture shown ok to. The haynes says not where but the pictured areas are safe as does the handbook.

I'm planning on doing the rear pads and discs soon and wondering where I can jack up and axle stand it happily. Usually for pads and discs I just jack up and work in the arch well area with no stands and stick a tyre under the area, after seeing a car collapse on someone recently I'm opting for the safer method :) .. poor chap ended up with a collapsed lung, and he was a mechanic so he have known betetr. Apparently the the seals on his trolley jack failed and he didn't have any axle stands as it was a quick repair as he was leaving on holiday and it came down on him. :(

Reply to
Pete