focus service tomorrow..

crikey is the money ford charge, (=A3190 ) remotely related to the amount of work/ materials required for a service on a '02 reg. Diesel Focus ? I'm thinking Oil + filter + fuel filter, max 2 hrs work.. Always do my own oil changes but the new car is under a years warranty which needs a stamp ! What else does one get for this sort of money ?

Reply to
mr p

What is the mileage?

Reply to
Conor

That sounds right at about 75 quid an hour plus parts.

An oil change and a quick look round on a Lexus LS400 at a Lexus dealer is

300 quid. !!

Any VAT registered garage can do your service and stamp the book, as long as they use Ford parts the warranty is intact. The disadvantage is that an independent will not have all the latest service info. and software updates that the genuine Ford place will have.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

You do not need to take it to the ford dealer under the terms of your warranty. The same goes for any new car. Good job it isn't a Vauxhall dealer, they put the words "change if applicable". That means if it looks OK then they don't bother. That's why Trading standards love them so much!

Reply to
Ian

I had my 2001 focus diesel estate serviced last week at Brunel Ford in Bristol (they were doing a special offer) I left it there for an hour-and-a-half, the bill came to £99.95 - £50.01 parts £35.05 labour plus Vat.

Reply to
Ivan

50k, it's gonna be a brand new experience for me this is , :-)
Reply to
mr p

Have you been in a dark hole for the past year? You no longer have to take a new car to the dealer garage to keep your warranty. Jesus!

Reply to
History

I took the focus back in today for an MoT (£50) which it passed without any problem, however I did notice a sign I must have missed when I was there last week, which said that they would do a combined MoT/service and give £40 worth of M&S vouchers all for £129.99.. ain't hindsight a wonderful thing!

Reply to
Ivan

sed without any

well they did it and the tracking and two new tyres.. they're nice and friendly people and they washed it for me too.. They charged me about 40 quid for 5.8 litres of gtx magnatec, but the other parts are quite reasonably priced ! It's nice to have it all done but next year the ING warranty will be over and it'll be back to DIY ! ( except for cam belt probably, but that's ages yet !) Will probably do the oil at 6-7k infact, just for the fun of it ;-) The only other thing is the valve clearances which I guess I can check myself when required.

Reply to
mr p

well they did it and the tracking and two new tyres.. they're nice and friendly people and they washed it for me too.. They charged me about 40 quid for 5.8 litres of gtx magnatec, but the other parts are quite reasonably priced ! It's nice to have it all done but next year the ING warranty will be over and it'll be back to DIY ! ( except for cam belt probably, but that's ages yet !) Will probably do the oil at 6-7k infact, just for the fun of it ;-) The only other thing is the valve clearances which I guess I can check myself when required.

Ford 5w-30 spec oil should be used in this engine (along with every other in the Ford range) so why the GTX ?

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Tim, in my (standard) service the oil was listed as being 5w-30 'bulk,' I also notice that although it says Brunel Ford on the invoice heading, the place where the service and MoT were carried out had had a sign saying Rapid Fit... is this a proper Ford authorised service centre?

Ivan

Reply to
Ivan

hmm well it says gtx on the invoice , gtx comes in 5/30 ford spec ( =A39.50 a litre from Halfrauds web page ) I guess it's so they can charge more money and maybe it is slightly better than the ford spec

--=20 Simon

Reply to
mr p

Ford own it. It's not normally warranted for service work to maintain your guarantee though.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

In message , mr p writes

The Castrol 5w-30 and the Ford 5w-30 are the same ACEA A1/B1 spec. The Ford stuff costs less though.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Yes.

tim..