Follow up - car covered in oil

What, like smoking. Wasn't too good for you was it? ;-)

Reply to
Mike P

Knew a bloke like that terrible hands could not do a thing with them, had to give up mechanical stuff - dead now, motor racing accident.

Reply to
Rob

Umm, are you an expert? :)

Reply to
GB

Wasnt the oil changed every three thousand miles then

Reply to
steve robinson
[...]

Me neither, if only from the POV of the smell!

The garage damaged the car accidentally. They must either return it to the condition it was in prior to that happening, or compensate the owner in a way that might include paying for a replacement car.

I strongly suspect the former is not possible.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Precisely so.

Reply to
Huge

No, they just put more in. As it needed more oil between changes than a change it was good enough. All the oil wound up on the outside of the engine and some would burn off to go though the cabin.

You have to consider vapor from the plastic/vinyl interior.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Blown out of proportion?

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

It was real oil them not synthetic.

Reply to
Rob

I thought it was blown out of the extraction system.

;)

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Not the bio-chemist then?