Follow-up: Oil Consumption Problem

Carl - The PCV valve was fine(ish). It was still rattling (loose, clear), but a little sluggish so maybe it was binding with thermal expansion. I replaced it with a new one to remove any doubt about it being the problem. I was pleased to see that it is all metal and not a cheap plastic thing. I took the car to the dealer to have the oil changed so that the manager could verify the amount of oil in it and the mileage, etc. He's already talking about the possibility of another warranty block - it seems he's seen this before. The short block came with a 60k km warranty, so I'm covered regardless. The next 6k km (or less) will tell the tale. Still a bit noisey.

For anyone who has had dealer-related warranty problems, I'm wondering how many of you go to the dealer for the routine maintennance? I've had great success with my local dealer so far. They can't say anything about the quality of service since they did it themselves. I may pay a little extra, but it seems to have paid off so it is worth every cent.

Stay tuned.....and thanks for the help everyone.

Reply to
04 Forrester