Ford car querie....

My car was built in Germany and Belgium AFAIK (according to the VIN) How come it was sold in the UK and not another Euro country?

I mean, don't we have the Dagenam plant for our fords?

Stu.

Reply to
stu

And Honda's are made at Swindon; Novas were made in Spain; Mercedes are made in America; BMW are made in South Africa.

Welcome to the global economy.

Reply to
Scott M

In message , stu writes

Your car will have been built in Belgium. The reference to Germany is because that is the HQ of Ford Europe.

They don't produce cars there any more, just diesel engines.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

The only Fords made in Britain are Jaguars and Transit vans. Dagenham just makes engines now.

The UK car plant likely to have the highest output in 2003 is the Nissan factory in Sunderland.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Riches

certain cars were produced at certain places around Europe that's why we have engines such as the Kent, Valencia, cologne, Essex, etc not to mention that ford also farmed out work to the likes of tickford (Aston martin for those who don't know) so it's not as if everything was built in house

like the story of the racing puma tickford buy a puma, chop it about a bit, sell it back to ford, who then sell it on so you've bought a modified car from the off, with 3 previous owners :)

Reply to
dojj

Not forgetting Land Rover/Range Rover/Aston Martin...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Tucker

Besides, a Mondeo built by Dagenham would probably have a sat nav system that tried to sell you hooky after shave and that thinks white leather, blacked out windows and listening to Chaka Demus is "pukka"

Reply to
Pete M