Re: Newbie Ford Focus Question

Hi,

> > My Ford Escort just blew a head gasket and has lots of other problems > so it's going to get sold. > > I am thinking about the Ford Focus. > > I have just one question for now: My escort (i'm in the USA) was > apparently really a Mazda underneath the Ford bodywork, it this also > true for the Focus? Are they made overseas? or does a foreign > manufacturer have a plant here where they assemble them? what is really > under there? > > thanks much for any helpful replies. > > NNJ

=== US model made in the US Geoff.

Reply to
Geoff

Just to elaborate a bit

Q - Are they made a Mazda, A - No Q - Are they made Overseas A - No, Us focus is made in the US Q - Does a foreign manufacture make them in the US A - No they are made by Ford Q - What is really under there A - A well engineered, well built Ford vehicle.

Anymore questions, try to Post them here as well for a speedy response -

www.ozfours.com

Uh, I hate to break it to you, but Hermosillo Mexico is not (yet) located in the USA.

I guess if I want info that's wrong but speedy, I will.

Reply to
Mark Olson

No, but Wayne, Michigan is.

I suppose a polite and helpful response would be too much to expect.

Check the 11th character of your vehicle's VIN. R = Hermosillo, Mexico, W = Wayne, Michigan

Don

Reply to
Don McC

Yes. Wayne, MI is where my Focus was built. Other Focus models sold in the USA are built in Hermosillo. Saying that US Focuses are made in the US is wrong, since some of them are built in Mexico.

I think my response was helpful- pointing out that the original poster's information was flat out wrong. If you don't like my response, please feel free to killfile me.

Reply to
Mark Olson

Can't get close enough to see the VIN plate? Use this handy body style chart as a backup:

Body Style Place of Manufacture

3-door hatch Hermosillo 4-door sedan Wayne 4-door wagon Wayne 5-door hatch Hermosillo

(This is for North American (and maybe South America) markets -- the Europeans have their own manufacturing plants.)

Reply to
Benjamin Robinson

In alt.autos.ford.focus Benjamin Robinson :

AFAIK European Focus are built in:

Saarlouis (Germany) or Valencia (Spain).

Dunno which model were or if there's any distinction at all?

Anyway this is just body&assembly the engine may be made somewhere else in addition to many other parts manufactured elsewhere in the world.

Mine according to FIN in Saarlouis, even if the engine (2.0l manual) runs as if it had been made by Cosworth UK (AFAIK). ;-)

Reply to
Michael Heiming

:>In alt.autos.ford.focus, on the "Re: Newbie Ford Focus Question" thread, Don :>McC wrote: :>

:>>Check the 11th character of your vehicle's VIN. :>>R = Hermosillo, Mexico, W = Wayne, Michigan :>

:>Can't get close enough to see the VIN plate? Use this handy body style :>chart as a backup: :>

:>Body Style Place of Manufacture :>3-door hatch Hermosillo :>4-door sedan Wayne :>4-door wagon Wayne :>5-door hatch Hermosillo :>

:>(This is for North American (and maybe South America) markets -- the :>Europeans have their own manufacturing plants.)

Also the SVT Focus, both 3 door and 5 door were assembled in Hermosillo.

me/2

Reply to
me/2

Cool. Does this include UK Focii, or are you speaking of Continental Europe?

Reply to
Benjamin Robinson

I think that most Europeans think of UK as being part of Europe. Most of = the British think of UK as not being a part of Europe when talking about = cars. Most British still think that UK market Fords are still made in = Dagenham or Wales or Liverpool or somewhere in UK anyway. Mine was built = in Saarlouis and I am very pleased with the quality for the = price.............

Don't think Ford build any cars in UK any more. Still build engines and = manage to find loads of crappy dealers and Ford still the topseller in = UK but no factories left.

Our highly skilled and talented car people are too expensive for Ford - = not so for Nissan (Sunderland Northeast England) and Honda (Swindon = Southwest(ish) England and I believe Toyota (somewhere in Midlands?) - = all top quality, efficient units.=20

Japanese cars are built here in UK for the home market in Japan - best = quality at the best price?

BMW build the Mini here - a great success story too for BMW and the = Germans.=20

If you want quality, you have to pay for = it..............................

Justin Case

snipped-for-privacy@freenet.tlh.fl.us

Reply to
Justin Case