Ford Fiesta 1.8 Diesel 1995 Engine Cuts out

Ok people, im so new to this it is unreal, I have very little or no knowledge about cars and am suprisingly struggling lol. So I have a 1995

1.8 Diesel Ford Fiest. Driving it down a duel carrige way and it conks out. the engine cuts off and I cant get it restarted. Got towed home and had a look. When i take any fuel cables off I excpected Fuel to pour out but there was little or none. So I cleared the fuel lines and checked the tank. Both appear to be fine? so why no fuel? After the Fuel leaves the filter it then passes through some kind of Electric Box? anyone know what this is and could it be what is causing the problem? the lil electric box is directly infront of the filterclipped onto the side of the engine. It takes in a fuel line and then one leaves it to the fuel pump.. I think lol. Someone has suggested it is some kind of control box that could be non functional and not allowing a valve to open stoping the pump pulling the fuel forward from the tank? does this sound plausable?

Cheers for any help you can give

Moogman

Reply to
Peter

Stop right there. FIRST remove the cam belt cover and check the belt is in one piece and the camshaft rotates during a quick stab on the starter.

Cam belt failure is fair more likely than lack of fuel.

If the cam drive is fine, check that resistance is felt when you pump the primer knob atop the fuel filter. If the diaphragm splits, and thet do, then it will draw air and not fuel.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..