Ford Fiesta back brakes

Hello,

I'm just changing the shoes and cylender on my K reg fiesta - the 1.1 variant.

I need a little info on the back brakes - I've got the Haynes manual, and that's got detail - but I need a photo of the overall assembly to see how it fits together - in particular how the adjuster strut and handbrake go back together.

If anyone has a photo I'd be really grateful if they'd share - or if anyone can explain how to put it back together properly, it would save me fiddleing for days trying to make it work...

Thanks,

Dave.

Reply to
dave

I always take a few pictures *before* taking things like that apart.

Oh, sorry ;)

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

I suppose I could take the other wheel off and take photos of that one...

Reply to
dave

...and look at in in the mirror :-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

To be more specific about my problem - I need to know how the Adjuster strut is fitted - the rest is ok - it's the one thing they don't show in the manual. If I could figure out how the adjuster strut was fitted I'd be finished and I could go off to the pub!

Dave.

Reply to
dave

THe self adjuster? Usually it just slots in between the two shoes.

Reply to
Conor

ISTR on the Fiesta you have to move the quadrant to the smallest setting as well otherwise you cannot get the drum back on due to the lip that forms.

Reply to
Chris Street

Thanks for that - it's all back together now and I'll start on the other side tomorrow... thanks for the advice;-)

Next beer's no me:-D

Dave.

Reply to
dave