Ford Ka (06) sparkplugs

Hi, i'm having trouble obtaining spark plugs for a 2006 reg Ford Ka. Halfords catalogue says they are NGK TR5B-13 or Bosch +57 but the 2 stores i've been to have none in stock and say they might not be able to obtain them for some reason. My local car spares shop says he could get some Bosch Super Plus HR8 MCV +39 which would do but i'm scared he's just trying to push me off with any he say's are suitable. (he couldn't find any listed in his Bosch catalogue). Seems strange that they are so hard to obtain for a popular car. Is it true that the engine type was changed some time ago and plugs for the old type are no good for newer (06) models?

Reply to
RJ

go to your Ford dealer, they will have the exact right ones to the latest specification.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Tried your Ford dealer?

The service intervals for plugs these days are so long, it's best to have the ones specifically designed for your engine.

[...]

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Err you have tried the Ford parts counter?

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Go to your Ford main dealer, they will be the CORRECT ones and *CHEAPER*.

Reply to
Ian

Ka spark plugs have a very long interval. IIRC they last for 60000 miles.

Reply to
Doki