Ford Ka wishbone cost

Partner's car - 2001 Ka in for MOT and needs new wishbones bushes, which I can believe as it's very 'floaty' above 30.

How much might this be at an independent? Only ask because they charged her £1000 for a clutch a year ago (she's only just told me).

Thanks, Rob

Reply to
Rob

the wishbones are about thirty quid each and should be changeable in half an hour each , reset tracking after. so about 150 - 250 total would be reasonable. the clutch job is usually about 400 all in.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Many thanks. I'll pass that on. Bit annoyed with them TBH.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

Jesus Christ !!!! £1000 for a Ka clutch ! what was it, gold plated ? that is daylight robbery, there's making a profit & there's plain ripping off the customer.

Reply to
reg

He's fitted two new (looking) wishbones and two tyres - £218 plus VAT, which seems fair.

Thanks for guidance, Rob

Reply to
Rob

I had an 03 KA collection, I only paid =A3105 inc VAT for my wishbones and = they were brand new, fresh out the packing. Its always worth shopping aroun= d first :)

Reply to
rebecca.morris604

were brand new, fresh out the packing. Its always worth shopping around first :)

Well, we live in a one garage town and ICBA. Sounds to be a good price - hope they stay on :-)

Reply to
RJH