Clio locking system beeping

I have a 2002 Renault Clio 1.2 Dynamique. It has the cunning feature that locks the doors when you move off (anti-carjacking, I believe).

The other day I turned this feature off, by pushing and holding the door lock button on the dash. Normally, the response is one beep for "off", and two for "on".

However, now the car is beeping constantly at me. This only stops when I switch off the ignition, and open and close a door. The door locks still work fine apart from the speed-related bit, from inside and outside the car, and with the remote, and nothing else seems wrong, no warning lights are on.

My renault dealer told me to call renault assistance (their AA thingy), who told me to call the renault dealer. *great*

I assume it's a case of the system that deals with locking the doors when you move off being stuck in a loop or hung somewhere. Is there a fuse I can pull to reset it? Or if I disconnect the battery and short the leads together for half an hour or so, is that likely to fix it, or will that cause problems?

- Matthew

Reply to
Matthew Stephenson

They shouldn't. They are supposed to be able to service your car for all faults. Take it back to them.

Alternatively you could try disconnecting your battery for a time. It might cause a reset to factory settings. On the other hand it might break other things!

Reply to
Mark Hewitt

you sure there is not aproblem in this area.

Reply to
Gary Millar