VW polo lack of power

hi, im having a problem with my 1.3 95 M reg Polo. It is currently suffering from a very thirsty severe lack of power! Most of the time there is hardly any pull at all, the car accelerates like a snail! Occasionaly it will lurch forward and feel like it has the power it used to have, but this only lasts a few seconds, then it will be sluggish again. I have redexed the engine and changed the fuel filter thinking this would fix it, all to no avail! On top of this the car seems to drink a tank of fuel a hell of a lot quicker than it used to, filled it up yesterday, drove for half an hour an it had drank nearly an eighth of a tank. it has never used fuel that quickly!!

Any help of advice will b greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Reply to
xzibit_west27

Sounds like a lack of air to me.

Have you replaced the ait filter and checked nothing is obstructing the air intake?

Tony

Reply to
Tony Brett

checked out the air filter, it looked ok to me, will replace it anyway, see if this helps at all, not asure about the air intake, were would i find this and what am i looking for??

Not that great with cars, usually just follow the haynes to fix things, but cant find it at minute!!

cheers

Reply to
xzibit_west27

You probably need to read the fault codes, a garage or VAG-Com job, but it sounds like the Collant temeorature switch is broken & it thinks the engines cold.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Coolant temperature switch.....

Reply to
Duncan Wood

OK, Thanks guys, will try n av a look myself, try n find the parts u all pointed out, or take it to the garage!!

Cheers for ur help!

Reply to
kdallsop