Forecourt prices

Hiall. I don't have a car so what might a dealer be pushed to discount for cash?

Thanks. Arthur

Reply to
51

Nothing.

Reply to
gazzafield

True. When I bought my latest car, the dealer preferred a cheque and even better a credit card, not folding beer tokens. According to him, the bank would charge x for each multiple of y pounds [1] of cash. It was just one charge for cheques or cards no matter what the amount was.

[1] I can't rememember the actual amounts but frinstance =A310 for every =A3500. So my =A31400 car would have cost him =A330 in charges for cash.

--=20 Malc

Reply to
Most Noble and Honourable the Malcolm of Giggleswick under T

50p for Every £100 when I last checked.

But I dare say we was on a good deal, boss knows the boss etc.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Burton

I often find debit cards are the best way, 'cos the handling charges are lower than for credit card transactions.

Reply to
SteveH

Very little, they'd prefer you to take a credit deal so they can make commission.

Reply to
the.best.names.are.gone

Depends what forecourt, would usually be 2.5% which is what they pay in debit card charges. So if he's going to take the cash home and spend it he doesn't pay any charges at all. He could also put it into his personal account where such cash charges for a business account wouldn't apply, as long as he didn't do it too often.

Reply to
History

Do you really mean discount for paying with folding money or discount because you are not trading in an existing vehicle?

Tony

Reply to
TMC

Nothing. They prefer you to take finance because they get commission.

Reply to
Conor