Gear linkages

Ello ellos all :)

I as wondering what kind of grease can you use you gear linkages ? (for out mk4 golf 1.6 01)

What can I use to clean to gunk off it as it is ?

Thanks

Reply to
Sarah

White grease ideally but LM grease is as good as any.

Brake or carb cleaner.

Reply to
Conor

Morning (just, 11.55am) Conor :)

I'll add some white grease to the halfords shopping list. I have some brake cleaner so thats taken care of.

I guess I just spray the linkages, wait 5 minutes and start wiping\cleaning it off.

I'm progressing nicely with home diy stuff. The haynes manual is proving very very interesting. Although I have realised I have no where near enough tools too polish :)

I also enrolled in a evening class for basic mechanics at the local college starting in September so that should be interesting.

Thanks for that.

Reply to
Sarah