Replacement roofbox lock

I've got an old Halfords roofbox where the key has snapped off inside the lock barrel. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement lock barrel ? I've not tried Halfords yet, but am not expecting anything from them so am looking at alternatives.

Any ideas?

Reply to
OG

A friend had this same problem last year, I think he got in touch with the manufacturer.

Reply to
Les Ross

Go to a locksmith, he should be able to remove the broken bit & cut a new key using what was removed, alternatively there might be a number stamped on the face of the lock, a new key can be cut to that code. If all else fails he should be able to supply a new lock.

Reply to
Scabbydug

Google "lock suppliers" if you don't have a local locksmith; I think I used direct locks last time I needed something but their web site seems to be down.

Reply to
newshound

I think Timpsons do some areas too, you might find they can at least supply a new key even if you need someone else to remove the key.

Reply to
Elder

I'd suggest a decent real set of extractors, with which you can pull the old key stub.

are you can then simply replace the broken key and carry on withthe old lock.

Otherwise an extractor is probably still a useful step in getting it open without further damage. Try Isaac Lord (or many others) if you finally need replacement barrels.

Reply to
Andy Dingley