Genuine Offer - Free Pint On Vim

...to the first person with PayPal who responds with definite, corroborated manufacturer's fuel consumption figures for my Rover Metro 1993 1.1L K-series carb'ed engine (with cat). Include your email address and I shall PayPal you GBP 1.80.

Reply to
Vim Fuego

run down to engines on the left,

doesn't give consumption but loads of info.

Maybe you could email them??

Reply to
Billy H

Close, but no cigar. Or pint :-)

Reply to
Vim Fuego

Doesn't the Haynes manual give the spec?

I'm sure I read the fiesta spec somewhere, could've been the handbook.

Reply to
Billy H

Not fuel consumption, not as far as I can see anyway and I've looked pretty carefully.

Reply to
Vim Fuego

Is this close enough?

It lists a 1.1 (without the 'i') kensington. Close enough I'd have though. they reckon 46mpg average, so you're looking a bit sick at 30.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

good site here:

mrcheerful

Waded through it looking for figures t'other night, no joy. :-(

Reply to
Vim Fuego

Going to try to borrow a timing strobe tomorrow. How about slinging some Redex / carb cleaner into it?

Reply to
Vim Fuego

I dunno. Student Union? Working Mens' Club?

Reply to
Vim Fuego

Can't help with the fuel question, but where can I get a pint for 1.80?

Reply to
PB

Is it an SU carb? They're pretty easy to check over, someone here will know how. Check over the ignition and the timing, then maybe it's su-stripping time?

Reply to
Chris Bartram

I thought that, but didn't like to say.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

why? the timing is not adjustable. Check the cam timing, that could be useful and I have often seen people get it wrong.

Reply to
mrcheerful

Personally, I'd suspect the control for the SU carb. Never the most elegant or reliable setup :-/

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Vim Fuego ( snipped-for-privacy@fastmail.fm) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

One Pound Eighty for a pint...? The car might be 1993, but...

Reply to
Adrian

Gift horses, mouths, etc. :-)

Reply to