Getting a car towed to garage

: The message : from "paulfoel" contains these words: : : > Whats the best way to do this ? : : Tow pole.

Or a Czech.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

Nobody, I expect. *But* it's all about mechanical sympathy. And lack of it.

And I don't like the noise, either ;-)

Reply to
PC Paul

The message from "PC Paul" contains these words:

Oh, I'm right with you, I never ratchet the handbrake, but even when I was an instructor I never made a big thing about it. Getting the learners to miss the other road users and street furniture came higher up the list of priorities.

Reply to
Guy King

No, but since I don't pull it over the teeth I wouldn't, would I?

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

They only take plastic these days.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Well, I've got a 20 year old car and the ratchet is working OK on that.

Reply to
Conor

: On 7 Sep 2006 06:10:13 GMT, "Ian Johnston" : wrote: : : >On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 10:21:46 UTC, Guy King : >wrote: : >

: >: The message : >: from "paulfoel" contains these words: : >: : >: > Whats the best way to do this ? : >: : >: Tow pole. : >

: >Or a Czech.

: They only take plastic these days.

I'll be OK if the Rebel break down, then.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

I meant on the towing car as well.

Reply to
CWatters

The message from "CWatters" contains these words:

Oh, christ, that's even worse. Now no one has a clue who's going where.

Reply to
Guy King

Guy King wrote in news:313030303432373945008E7E05 @zetnet.co.uk:

A nice sign in the back window would help: "ON TOW" Would have helped me the time I overtook a car and discovered a 50 foot towline between it and the car in front :-) Just as well I was on the bike and could leave room for the traffic that came the other way. And yes it was 50' - I do boats and things, thank god I managed to leave the towers before the corners came up, especially the right hand ones.

Reply to
Tunku

OFFS. You do not put hazard lights on on a moving vehicle.

SimonJ

Unless (as happened on Wednesday), you are approaching the end of a contraflow on the M80 when the car two in front decides he's in a bowling alley, and would really like to scatter cones across the motorway.

Reply to
David Taylor