Good result at the garage today

I took my Focus into the main dealer today for a service. When I went back at lunchtime to collect it, the girl who was preparing my bill looked at the worksheet and said, "Did someone call you about the anti-roll bar link"?

When I replied that no one had called she hurried off into the workshop and came back all embarrassed. No one had called but they had gone ahead and changed it anyway. They said it was their fault and they would bear the cost.

I knew the link was shot. I had replaced the n/s one a couple of years ago and the o/s one had been knocking for months. I was just waiting for the better weather of spring before changing it. I told the girl that because I knew the link was knackered and had intended to buy one anyway, I would volunteer to pay for the part and they could pay for the labour. She was so pleased about my offer that she gave me 10% discount on the part.

I'm pleased because I got the part cheaper than I would have paid and I got someone else to do the job :)

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Wonder how many of us would have been so honest-don't think I would tbh. Stuart

Reply to
Stuart