Grit Blast Gun

Hi All

Looking at one of these for a few surface rust patches on wife's car, some are in internal corners on the door frames. The metal itself is sound but I guess a bit pitted under the paint

The guns seem much of a muchness and similarly priced any recommendations?

I have never used one or even seen one used

Very roughly what is the grit consumption rate of these guns? Only source of grit I have found is 20kg drums at machine mart are there sources of smaller quantities?

I will be working outside Apart from using eye protection and keeping my hands out of the way are there any other issues I should be aware of?

Tony

Reply to
TMC

get a spot blast gun and small quantity of media from screwfix

Reply to
MrCheerful

Could only find a grit blast gun on screwfix site

found these on Toolsnstuff which would you suggest?

Tony

Reply to
TMC

the second one is identical to the one I have mislaid, it is excellent for average car work. the thing to avoid is having grit flying everywhere !! (believe me)

Reply to
MrCheerful

Tony

Reply to
TMC

There's a fellow on eBay selling the Sealey version of a similar kit, for about 20 quid. I've just ordered one, so will report back in due course.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

for normal car body use the choice of grit is not important, (I use fine dry sand), since you will be refinishing. grit choice is important for stuff like carburettor parts, and restoring old copper plates and stuff like that. (treasure trove !)

Reply to
MrCheerful