Heated windscreens

Couple of months ago, the subject of heated windscreens came up.

Here's a site worth looking at...

Grimly Curmudgeon

Handy for other prices as well

Reply to
DuncanWood

Started by myself.

Cheers, but as my dealer told me, even if they did fit a heated screen, there is nothing for it to plug into.

Reply to
Mark Hewitt

Mark Hewitt ( snipped-for-privacy@markhewittDotCoDotUk.spammers.will.die) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

That's the easy bit.

Reply to
Adrian

What crap!, I'm thinking the battery might have something to do with it... Simply wire it to the same circuit as the heated rear window would do...

Reply to
Scott

Gave up as it attempted to load the entire contents of the server's play out HD. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Since these things take a deal of current, what it might do is result in a fire.

Adding heavy current accessories needs to be done correctly.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Apparently the Pug 205 screen is free - all I have to pay is shipping and vat - £38. Pretty good deal, I'd say.

Reply to
Taz

Use a high curent relay connected to the rear screen heater circuit.

Reply to
SteveB

Also sprach "Scott" :-

It's a huge current drain - they draw hundreds of watts.

Reply to
Guy King

IIRC cars with many greedy electrical gizmo's like heated front and rear screens, heated cabin air and inlet air, mirrors, seats etc. commonly have a logic which prioritises and rotates the switching of aforementioned gizmo's to prevent electrical overload. I know that my Toyota is thusly equipped.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Also sprach "Huw" :-

And has an idle-up system in the smaller Fords, I believe.

Reply to
Guy King

The Foci heated screen is fused at 60A. On idle with the screen on and no other load there is a net drain of 50A from the battery, which drops to 18A when the glow plugs turn off.

Reply to
Chris Street