HELP! 106

I have a peug 106 1.1 1998 zest 2 petrol.

It a bugger to start when cold - but will fire after around 5-10mins of cranking

Has anyone any ideas

Marty

PS - Got the fault finder from Halfords - look for a green plug to plug it into lol I don't have a green 2 pin plug just a long white plug (14pins I think)

Reply to
Marty1a

Does it appear to be under fuelling- i.e. not flooding? If so, most likely a fault with the coolant temp sensor- ECU thinks engine is hot all the time. Another tell tale of this is when it has started it will be hesitant until warmed up, and idle speed may be too low.

AFAIK the Gunson reader will be useless with this, as PSA stopped fitting the SD connector somewhere towards the end of the phase 1 run of 106's. Your white plug is for proper serial linked FCR's only.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Think you hit the nail on the head!

Thanks Martin

Reply to
Marty1a

Is there any way of reading from this type of block connecting? shorting out the wires? to use the engine light?

Martin

Reply to
Marty1a