Help! Ford Focus Ghia 1999 Door Lock Motor - different types? Double Locking or not?

Hello, a question for you Ford experts!

Just replaced the rear passenger side door lock/motor as it had started locking/unlocking only intermittently.

The new one works fine BUT doesn't seem to feature "double locking". The other three doors still seem to double lock OK, either from the key fob or the front door keyhole. Also I suspect the alarm also isn't getting switched on when I try to activate double locking.

One difference between the old and new motors that I could see - the old one had three pins in its connector but the new one only has two. The Haynes manual suggests it is should be a 3 pin connector. The spares man at the local Ford main dealer called everything up on his screen and nothing suggested that there was a choice of locks, but maybe they were supplied the wrone one?

Any ideas? I need to get a good story together before I go and confront them about supplying the wrong part!

The old one had a part number XS41-A26413-CG. The new one says (on the box) XS41 A26413 BH. Can't actually tell you what it says on the actual new lock because it's now inside the door and I'm not digging it out again until I go to complain! There's one other slight difference. The old one has a whopping great big "*DL" on the side in big letters whereas the new one had different letters I noticed. Probably a red herring but I just imagined it might mean "double lock". Highly unlikely I guess.

Thanks in anticipation for any hints.

Regards, Simon.

Reply to
Simon Stroud

In message , Simon Stroud writes

I've just looked at the wiring diagrams on the Ford TIS CD and there is definitely two types of motor.

Under the heading "Handles, Locks, Latches and Mechanisms, RHD, with central locking" it show the motor with two wires to the unit while in the diagram headed "Handles, Locks, Latches and Mechanisms, RHD, with double locking" it shows the motor having three wires.

Why don't you give them the part number of the old motor and let them sort it out?

Reply to
Paul Giverin

To concur with what Paul says, there is DEFINATELY two breeds of motor and you have been supplied the wrong one. Find another parts guy.

FWIW- the non-double locking motor on the Focus is extremely rare.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Thanks guys. That's EXCELLENT clarification.

Printing now and I'll be onto them tomorrow. The funny thing is, while I was there the parts "expert" put in my reg number so it knew what car type I have and the part number that came up in the diagram agreed with what they've supplied. Thought it was very strange!

Best regards,

Simon.

Reply to
Simon Stroud

Meaning stuff all. Ford's official build records have my Focus down as a Fiesta.....

Reply to
Chris Street

The message from Chris Street contains these words:

And Renualt's system allowed them to supply the wrong dampers for the wife's Clio. "Expert" systems are only as expert as the clot who feeds the data in at the outset.

Reply to
Guy King

Means nothing. Everytime I go for parts for my 1999 1.6 focus the parts guy insists that it is a 2l model ("the computer says you see. It looks up your reg number you see" etc etc)

Darren

Reply to
dmc