carb servicing bits

Is there anywhere i can get parts for solex carbs? i need to strip mine down and asked around but with no luck

thanks

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

Where are you based?

I know of two places in St. Albans (Brin Services) and Luton (Auto Technique).

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

Sheffield.

I dont mind giving them a call and seeing if they agree and have the servicing parts, someone told me that one co. bought out the part people so you had to buy a new carb and not the bits only you needded.

BTW the clutch that has been slipping for the past 2200 miles, since Aug has finnally gone in to be changed....im just hoping i was given the right cluch kit at the time!!

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

In which case, I'd check Brin Services. They are a supply only outfit, but have been doing carb stuff for donkeys years.

I don't have their number to hand anymore, but a search in yell.com should do the trick.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

thanks i will check them out tomorrow.

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

I've used Brin services also in the past - excellent knowledge of all thinks fuel and ignition related, they were the only people who could test a Jaguar ECU for a sensible price, and supply carb bits for something I used to run!

Alan.

Reply to
Alan