mondeo door not locking

Hello,

I have a 60 plate Mondeo. When I press the button on the key ring, the lights flash and there are clunking noises suggesting that the doors have locked. Having had door locking problems on my other half's car, I've become a bit ocd about this and I walk around checking the doors. I sometimes find that the drivers door is not locked. I press the button again and this time it locks. Why is this? I thought if the door did not lock, the car make a noise to alert you; this doesn't seem to be happening.

I'm not sure what to do. I've moved areas so haven't found a new garage and with it being intermittent, you can guarantee if I go, it will lock perfectly while it is there!

Any suggestions? Thanks, Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

There is probably more than one locking mode.

On my Ford Focus there are two door locking modes. i) The fob locks/opens all doors on one key press ii) The fob locks/opens only the drivers door on one key press a double key press is required to lock/open the rest of the doors.

I suspect that your key fob is set to the former mode. A random number of mistimed presses may get the driver/other doors out of sequence.

From memory, you can swap between the two modes by holding down the open and closed buttons for 10 seconds and the car will respond by blinking hazard/indicator lights. To swap back do the same.

Reply to
alan_m