Stolen from UKRM...

...A thing of beauty:

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

92.67 cc V8. Very impressive!
Reply to
Johannes

The message from Johannes contains these words:

I've seen a 10cc V8 running. Amazing sound.

Reply to
Guy King

TEN!? I'd be very interested to have a squint at that.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

The message from "Mungo \"two sheds\" Toadfoot" contains these words:

It was a glowplug aero engine. More of a loud whooshing sound than what you'd expect from such an engine. Running a socking great prop, too, but not producing a great deal of power. Though, of course, that wasn't the point.

Ah, here you are - Google is the fount of all knowlege. Oh, and I was wrong - it wasn't 10cc it was 10.6!

Guy King

Well found that chap! It's a lovely little thing and the website's like a toyshop. Their next task is a 16 cylinder engine in an X formation :)

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Having seen the full sized version with its particularly complex phasing gears and wonderful engine note this miniature jobby is nothing short of spectacular.

Tom Burton

Are there any mp3s, wavs etc of any of these beautiful engines running?

I would love to hear that deltic running.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

*Stunned*

The patience they must need...even just to make the 36 con rods!

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

My flabber is well and truly gasted. You can only hope that, in the event of a major asteroid impact, that guys like this will survive, instead of legions of service-industry types. Still, there's always the 'B' ark.

Reply to
John Laird

Here's a really crap video of a model Ferrari with a 100cc flat 12...

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp