Help Please

Dear All,

I have just purchased Renault Clio 1.6 16v Initale V Reg.

It has 16000 miles on the clock!!!! However I have never driven a renault before and previously owned a 1998 ford fiesta.

My issue is that the newer renault seems to have heavier steering than the fiesta.

Does my PAS Fluid need topping up or something?

Can anyone help?

Nick

Reply to
Nick V305

That could be a bad sign. It may mean lots of city driving, engine rarely warm, so on and so forth.

Seems to? Or has?

It might, but have a check at the PAS fluid level under the bonnet. I don't know if the Clio has an electric power assisted set up, it's worth reading the manual.

Does it have silly big wheels wearing huge width tyres?

Or it may be a feature of the model. Have you tried other Clios?

Reply to
DervMan

Ofc it might not have PAS at that age too..

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

Hmm. I'd have thought that the higher end engine model would have power assisted steering...

Reply to
DervMan

that it's standard on this car.

Reply to
Malc

But it is French! Standard and "we couldn't be bothered to fit it" come to mind....

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon