Hissing Brake pedal - Galaxy

Over recent weeks the brake pedal has started hissing at me on my 97 Galaxy.

It seams to me that perhaps a seal has gone in the servo and hence the hissing is this 'leak' drawing in air from the pedal side of the servo.

Strange thing is the brakes still feel fine - as in the pressure needed to operate them has'nt increased...

anyhow, i've had a look at where the actuator rod comes through the pedal box, and it seems to be hissing between the white nylon bobbin that has the rod on the end, and the fixed consertina seal type of thing that the white nylon bobbin moves in.

It hisses whenever the pedal is up, when the pedal is down, theres no noise...

Would this be a case of fitting a replacement server assembly? - If so what cost would I be looking at?

Thanks in advance, Dave

Reply to
Dave Yardy