Honda CR-V

The thing is, the other owners' characteristic doesn't have to be Exactly as mine - enough to be similar.

You were willing to share and it helps me that way:

*you have similar characteristic to mine and a cicvic car OR a car in the same class as civic *and you paid 248UKP for your insurance last time

Right?

Great big thanks for sharing then! And even greater big thanks for sharing if you live in London (I don't know if other big cities in the UK have similar prices for insurances, might be taht they have) and have the same class car as civic.

Reply to
K.

e:

naaaah I will not want toooooo, besides you alreeady know I don't want to :-) and Chris was a sweetheart to share some info! Very helpful guy he is.

Reply to
K.

might have been dull, it's a heavy car with just 2.0 engine

I'm happy for you!

Decent is ok with me, I opt for 5door civic at the moment.

Reply to
K.

A friend has one, and I've never heard her complain about it.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

After having hired Punto Grandes and Corsas, I was pleasantly surprised when I one day hired a 207. Not fast, but feels more stable like a bigger car. Good visibility, quiet. The only small car that I could possibly live with. But obviously, I cant say anything about long term reliability.

Reply to
johannes

rili... what a coincidence!

Not fast, but feels more stable like a bigger

actually it was all right at 120-130-140 mph (3rd 4th gear), although I'd Never say 'quiet'. not bad acceleration while overtaking even without reduction to 4th. anyway it's a bit dull (as a bible of course), has terrible inside, little space, and you have to struggle to keep coffee nearby and not spill it all over yourself while your handbreake is in the way to your mug (!) plus mobile charger wire takes control of about just everything (socket placing is absurdal).

2nd and 3rd gear in this car should be merged into one gear.

although this car 'adheres' to road nicely. I had horrid weather conditions with this one, heavy rainfall for many hours non stop.

in the end - I'd never buy it. very noisy AC as well. headrest? abandon that Dream. Peugeot! Is dull as manual, will be dull as automatic.

Reply to
K.

They ask for no more information than you'd have to supply to an insurance company if going direct.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

no. one-because they are comparing many offers. two: they ask for info they do not need (strictly for car insurance needs it is excessive), because they act like marketing agencies. that's why. three-process is 100% automaticated (and I'm not gonna call them, because... there's nothing to al about)

that's the problem with comparative sites, so it's not for Everyone, coz not everyone's circumstances are alike. it may work in your case, but it doesn't in mine. believe it or not. so. there is a reason I'm asking people here about things.

I don't ask you people about your addresses, names and surnames and your mothers' maiden names. I don't ask your plates' numbers. I don't ask your date of births. Or places of births. Or if you have health conditions of any kind.

But I do get one thing: A Car for A Guy is Something. Boys would like to have expensive/fast/new/gorgeous cars and they don't wanna share info in which group they Really are. I totally get it.

Reply to
K.

If it helps, the car I replaced with my CRV in 2006 was a Civic 1.8 Coupe, about 4 years old.. I can't recall the actual figures but I do recall, the insurance on CRV wasn't that much more given it was a newer car and higher in value.

My personal details are significantly different to yours, I was near enough driving before you were born ;-(, no accidents in near on 20 years, not in London, etc. so the actual price probably wouldn't help.

I'd recommend Tesco insurance, BTW. I've never seen them beaten for a sensible car, except for my (young) daughters. They aren't so good for my MX5.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay.
[...]

Why would you ask that? You are not trying to assess our risk if insured by you.

All the things listed above, with the exception of mother's maiden name, will be required from *any* UK insurer because they all affect the risk.

The requirement to give mother's maiden name is only a standard security question, to prevent others from accessing your information; in that respect, you should be pleased they are taking care of your data.

I'm pretty sure you don't!

There are far too many variables for any one person's insurance premium to give you a guide as to what *you* might pay. Statistically, the chances of your exact circumstances being identical with anyone else?s here are infinitesimally small.

If you don't want to use an online service to get a range of quotes, you will either need to phone a broker to do it for you, or go directly to an individual insurer. In either case, you will be asked all the questions you have mentioned, and more. If they didn't ask, how are they able to calculate the risk, and quote a premium?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahaha

If the answer is "hybrid" then you were asking the wrong question.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I've only used comparison web sites on a few occasions to compare them with my own insurance companies quotes at renewal (been with the same company for some 30 years now) - and not one comparison site has *ever* *beaten* my existing company when quoted like-for-like (they have beaten it on their basic quote, but the minute you start adding extras [for them] they always exceed my existing company).

Your name and address will be required for *any* insurance quote, whether through a broker, direct to a company or online!

Your mother's maiden name[s] would required as a security question for online quotes.

That is standard requests for *ALL* insurance quotes [1] [2], whether online or direct - that's how they calculate their risk - (and up until a few months ago, they would even ask you to confirm your gender [gasp]).

How is this relevant to your OP?

[1] I presume that by "places of births" they are asking which country you were born in - not hospital, home address etc. [2] Even now, after some 30 years of dealing with them, my insurance company at the time of renewal asks me to confirm (by agreeing to the new cover) that I have not changed my car (i.e. the same number plate), that my name and address have not changed, if my health conditions have changed (I have a couple) and if I have had any accidents in the previous year.
Reply to
Woodworm

If the question is:

'I want to minimise company car tax'

or

'I want to avoid congestion charge'

or

'I want to do 50+ mpg in London traffic'

then the answer is always going to be hybrid, despite the protestations of willy-waving middle-aged 'petrol heads'.

Even Porsche and BMW are launching hybrid drivetrains now - and F1 has been utilising hybrid technology all season.

Reply to
Steve H

ok; well, my friend pays 400 for full comp for Rav4, CRV is similar, I don't know if your Coupe was 4x4. I would want to pay for insurance as little as possible, no need to pay more when u can pay less. Road tax, as I mentioned is a lot 445 for CRV, so I prefer Civic. Why pay more when u can pay less.

That Bad??? Around 50 and not happy about it?! I must tell u that I'm happy I'm 34 and wouldn't want to be younger. Ever. Ever.

no accidents in near on 20 years, not in

ehm, well, I don't know if the price would or wouldn't help, just 1 tremendously helpful fact: meeting you on the road =3D safety.

erm, without prices I can't make any decissions right now (Tesco or not Tesco). I had insurance in Direct something once. Besides I'm just planning to buy a car right now. Planning.

The 'my (young) daughters' - is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE. Especially that '(young)'.

Men!!!!!!! :-)

Thx Brian :-)

Reply to
K.

You make me feel I do... (right now).

Statistically, the

erm, I don't think you are right here, but hey, everyone is entitled to have an opinion.

Chris, I wanted estimated cost of insurance. That's all. Take it easy...

Reply to
K.

not one comparison site has *ever* *beaten* my

thats good, good

can we calm down?

I see relevance to not writing how much people pay for insurance for cars similar to civic 1.8.

Jesus help me coz I need some help.

Besides, comparative sites are spammers!

Reply to
K.

Steve will buy a hybrid. That's it.

Reply to
K.

yes. of course. that's why I want petrol. just don't have willy. conditions apply. Petrol is the answer.

Reply to
K.

On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 21:37:33 +0000, Steve H stammered:

Am I a tight-arse with no taste in cars?

OK, I'll give you that one.

Is it f*ck. Even my manky old HDi Xantia would give more than that in London traffic, and it did, regularly. It also had decent performance compared to a Pious.

Reply to
Mike P

A lot of that information has a bearing on the insured risk. Like where you live. Certainly your health. And of course the details of the car.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)