Honda CR-V

I think I'll do it through international licence.

Reply to
K.

you need to get a UK licence.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

That is not neccessarily true.

It depends on the specific terms of the insurance contract, but often the wording is similar to "holds, or has held and is not disqualified from holding, a licence to drive the vehicle".

Which will cover someone who is driving with an expired licence (and an expired photocard is entirely irrelevant as the entitlement to drive remains valid).

Reply to
David Taylor

Also, if a fault develops just after the warranty expires, you are more likely to get at least some help with the costs if the vehicle has FSH.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I would not chance it, the police are very eager to seize your car these days.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

no pro.

Reply to
K.

Is it one of the old UK paper licences (issued before 1998/1999)?

If it is, it expires in 36 years time - unless they change the law by then.

Reply to
Cash

no problem, will do, risks are to be avoided.

Reply to
K.

& the insurance gets cheaper.
Reply to
Duncan Wood

MrCh: 'Either way 12 years is definitely over the top and so the OP needs to get a UK provisional licence and take some lessons and the relevant tests. '

No no. Mine 12 years old is perfectly fine, just if I live here it needs to be changed into British one. Person (extremly helpful) from DVLA wrote me that I just get exchanged mine licence with no tests whatsoever, because mine is EU and full licence.

From DVLA (as I mentioned, very very very helpful people) looks like: old old old licence (paper with no photo id) + photocard =3D every 10 years you need to update PHOTO on this phoocard until u reach 70 years of age.

For new liceces which include photo id - you need to update PHOTO every 10 years until u reach 70 years of age.

Reply to
K.