Honda Legend Coupe 3.2l comments?

LOL. Perhaps a possibility.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

The message from snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) contains these words:

Sure it ain't a 2-stroke?

Reply to
Guy King

The joy of the A series being so long in production is there are plenty of options in terms of upgrading it. I'm not that interested in getting power, after all, the engine in question is a 1098 with a less than perfect crank, but when over the years subtle things changed, it's worth looking into them when doing a project like this :)

Getting shot of the bypass hose, at the same point as substantially improving the flow rate of the pump was definately worth doing, as this car is going to spend most of it's life in traffic. I feel changing the oil filter type can't hurt, should give a greater choice when buying a new filter, and hopefully will encourage the owner to keep the maintenance up.

The only other thing I'm looking at doing is finding the best rocker cover in terms of breathing I can in the shed full of parts. That's one thing that took a backwards step, IMO, as the engines were developed.

Got to sort out the very rough running on a Metro I just bought first though. Doesn't tick over, revs rise and fall like something best left off a family group, backfires, and has that "running wrong" smell - Not the over rich smell, just the "wrong" smell. Plus the temp sender's rotted away, and the engine seems to get very hot. But I enjoy playing with A series engines, so it's something to do :)

Reply to
Stuffed

Maybe, although I never had a problem with them.

Indeed

Yes, They are a nice easy engine aren't they?

Have a look for a small valve on the throttle butterfly, if it's there, solder it up.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt