Hooting noise!

Hi

After having the cambelt done and having it back to the shop a few times (as well as a Honda dealer who found plenty of other non-related stuff to do), I've still got a howling/hooting noise coming from the belts side of the engine on my Honda Prelude.

It only happens between 1000-1200RPM - definitely at its worst spot on 1000. At idle (around 700RPM) it's much quieter.

Any ideas what it could be? Whatever happened the garages being able to actually diagnose something? :(

Many thanks for your help

Alex

Reply to
Alex Reid

Sounds like the belt's too tight. Goose honking I've heard it called as well.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong