How can they sell this crap?

In message , GB writes

Ye G*ds! I gave a rusty old axle stand to the local scrap collector recently, and I bet it was stronger than that set, even though it's over

50 years since Dad was given it by the friendly garage next door. ;-)
Reply to
Gordon H

Because people will buy it.

I actually have this set which I picked up cheap off a car boot. The jack's OK, but I wouldn't use the stands for anything critical - they're quite clearly a flimsy design. For me, they hold an exhaust off the ground, or a trailer drawbar level. I have two decent sets of stands as well, so I'd not even consider supporting a car with them. Not if I was going under it!

I do recall seeing some supporting a Mini at a concours display one time though...

Reply to
asahartz