How to store summer tires?

Hello again, I had the winter tires mounted properly, but how to store the summer tires still inflated and still mounted on their respective wheels? Thanks, Mac Happy Holidays!

Reply to
Mac

Either hang the wheels by their centres, or stack them on their sides. Try and keep them dry, dark and away from anything that may produce fumes or ozone (like paint tins, electric motors.)

Reply to
Bob Davis

Istick mine in a dustbin bag & sore them in a dark place

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Thanks, Bob and Duncan. Do you keep them inflated? Mac (I also have to clean off the brake dust, but that's what the bathtub is for!)

Reply to
Mac

Pump em up. lay the wheels on theier side away from damp, chemicals, oils and suchlike. I store my caravan tyres in the winter in this way. And ofcourse - in the dark - no sunlight! (Cover with something)

Reply to
R. Murphy

Reply to
Bob Davis

Yep, I just clean them & leave them inflated, never seems to cause a problem, can't think of any reason why it should

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Ideally at a constant(!) cool temperature in a dry dark place, but storing road tyres for 2 months at most isn't goint to make any difference -- race tyres are a different matter.

Incidentally winter tyres are much more likely to harden when stored over the summer than normal tyres stored for a couple of months over the winter.

Reply to
bonzo

You can buy a tyre tree to keep them on. No, I am not joking.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful