I Hear You Knocking

The missus has a 2001 Rover 25. When turning left there's a knocking at the front left hand corner. It is more apparant when the wheels are turned left and reversing, though it is still there when moving forwards too. I often read about "checking for knocking when turning" but I'm having a blonde moment and can't remember what causes it.

Cheers! Paul

Reply to
Paul

Worn outer cv joint

Reply to
SimonJ

That's fairly crap for a four year old car. Still, at least one from the later 200 series would probably fit!

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis

sounds like a cv joint. . especially if the noise only occurs when turning!

Reply to
ps-master