Selling a car with a chipped windscreen

Im selling my car, but got a stone chip whilst on the motorway this afternoon. The chip is a small crack about 2cm near where the tax disk goes.

My question is, is it worth me paying my insurance =A350 excess and getting this sorted or should I just knock =A350 off the price when a potential buyer comes round?

.=2E.ie is a potential buyer likely to be put off by a chipped windscreen or not really care?

I have heard that if I claim on my insurance it wont affect my NCD, but does this mean I can still apply for other insurance and truthfully say that I have not made a claim in the last 5 years? (I havent apart from this windscreen)

Thanks

David Bevan

junk1

It's a shame it isn't on the very edge of the tax disc holder, it would be far less noticeable there............

All policies I've seen do not charge an excess for repairs, only if the screen needs replacing.

I doubt they would notice, if they use it as a bargaining tool, tell them you will get it sorted, as it wont cost you anything.

You will have to tell them you made a windscreen claim, but it will be disregarded.

Reply to
SimonJ

My question is, is it worth me paying my insurance £50 excess and getting this sorted or should I just knock £50 off the price when a potential buyer comes round?

...ie is a potential buyer likely to be put off by a chipped windscreen or not really care?

I have heard that if I claim on my insurance it wont affect my NCD, but does this mean I can still apply for other insurance and truthfully say that I have not made a claim in the last 5 years? (I havent apart from this windscreen)

Can't u move the tax disc to cover it?

Reply to
Angus McCoatup

when claiming for a new windscreen via your insurance policy it will not affect your NCD. . and the excess should be in the region of £50.

Are you supplying a valid MOT with the car. . if so then the buyer shouldn't be too bothered, it's just a case of them claiming for a new windscreen after a few weeks of starting the new motor policy.

I think you should knock off no more that £100 for the crack.

Reply to
ps-master

Caveat whatsisname applies. If a potential buyer comes round and doesn't notice it, that's his/her tough luck. You didn't conceal it or deny it. Why should you draw attention to it? If it's only 2cm as you say, it's not an MOT issue.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat