I want to pop an air bag

The message from "Sandy Nuts" contains these words:

I taught a girl who's aunt looked well crisped. She told her husband she didn't want a big Merc but he wouldn't listent. She couldn't control it properly and drove it into a tree in her garden. 'Cos she was only about

4'9" tall she was almost slap bang against the bag and she got a friction burn across her neck and forehead.
Reply to
Guy King

Airbags don't need anything special - certainly the Monedeo steering-wheel one I tried a while ago, quite happily worked with a long bit of cable and a car battery.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

I guess this must be why wires have plastic insulation...

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Can accept that stuff like that happens, but this air bag was bolted on a wall on a reed switch on a door that went off and belted me square in the dial. I suffered no ill effects other than getting knocked onto my arse.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

That might explain the stories of BMW 3-series airbags going off when the car hits a pothole - just enough to jog some badly-insulated wiring.

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable

Possibly more likely related to an over sensitive crash sensor.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

The article referenced below describes the constituents, and what happens

Malcolm Stewart

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Malcolm Stewart" saying something like:

Interesting stuff on the disposal problem.

"Suggest a way to flatten cars for recycling so that airbags in vehicles would all deploy."

Drop them on their nose from a decent height.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon