Mondeo air Bag

I have a 97 Mondeo and the air bag light has been flashing on and off. I had this before and it disappears after a couple of weeks. Any ideas? I spoke to a local garage but they said they did not look at air bags as you have to have an explosion licence to work on them.

Reply to
Robert

Well you probably don't want that garage to play with them. If it's an intermittent fault as you describe then it's probably a connector & if it's a connecter it's probably the one feeding the seatbelt pretensioner. Search the web & you'll get the locations & the error codes , then try an auto electricians.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Duncan Wood

If it's 4 flash 1 pause repeat, it's a seatbelt pre-tensioner. Check the cables under the front seats.

HTH

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith