IDIOT NEEDS HELP my MONDEO mk2 heater fan

my mondeo mk2 heater used to only work in position 1 or 4 i know this is common but now its packed up completely and im buggered for work please help ps the radiator cooling fan has never worked unless disconntected from thermostat when it is contantly on HELP PLEASE

Reply to
predfan

In message , predfan writes

You need a new resistor pack for your heater. As you say, its a common problem.

I suspect you need a new temp sender for your cooling fan.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

followthe "electric fan" link. Though with my Mk 1 Mondeo, I foundsimply putting the appropriate relay into the engine compartmentfuse box worked a charm. (Oddly, the relevant relay was missing when I bought the car).

John

Reply to
John Duffey

The fan needs a new sender unit which is located on the top of the thermostat,16pound from ford, Also if the temp gauge only sits around the white box or near it then it will also want the sender switch,which is located under the thermostat,13pound from ford,and may as well change the thermostat as there another common fault 9quid from ford.

The heater siwtch is almost certainly the resistor pack burnt out,need to go into the passengers footwell,look up and it fits onto the side of the motor via a multi-plug cut it off and solder the new one on.

HTH simon.

Reply to
simondo

Firstly CHANGE THE POLLEN FILTER as this is the primary cause. Secondly, its either the resistor pack or the thermal fuse. THey're on the same bit of plastic and you access it from the passenger footwell behind the glovebox.

Reply to
Conor