Mk3 Mondeo Heating Problem

I've just bought a Y reg Mk3 Mondeo and the heating is playing up. Initially the fan seemed to give a greater flow when on recirculate than straight through. Then today the heating developed a whistling sound which stopped when the fan was off. Tonight the fan seemed to make loud noises as if blocked and then stopped working on positions 1 to 3. It still works on position 4 but the air con light goes out on this position. The Mk1 Mondeo I part ex'd a few weeks ago burnt out its heater motor resistor pack so only position 4 would work. I can't believe I've now got the same symptoms (but not necessaily the same cause) on a Mk3 Mondeo.

Any one got any ideas or suggestions for diagnostics/fix ?

Cheers

PS the Mk3 wiring diagram shows a similar 3 resistor type design as the Mk1.

Reply to
zx9r999

Thought that was a built in design feature of fords.

Check the heater resistor + wiring connector first (you can get a repair loom from ford for this). Occasionally it's the switch that goes, but normally the fan stops working when that happens.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

If you bought it from a trader (which I presume you did if you part-ex'd your old one) take it back and ask them to fix it. Regardless of any warranty, on a car of this value, unless the fault was brought to your attention before the sale, you are within your right to seek a repair.

Reply to
Doctor D

sounds like two faults, blocked pollen filter (assuming there is one ) and burnt out resistor pack.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful