Imported Singapore Mitsubishi cars at Southampton Motorway Auction

Hi,

I wonder if some one has bought a car at Southampton Motorway Auction at the Bonded Port warehouse please?

I went this Tuesday and many Traders were there buying bulky cars and the few I noticed were MMC CHARIOT 2.4GDI TIPTRONIC Reg 05-06-00 with

74000km was fetching £6,100 with SVA CERTIFICATE REQUIRED.

Now, my experienced friend told me that you get your private Number plate for £250 and there are some other expenses totalling around £1200 in all on the road. That means the car would have cost me £7300 on the road with Road Tax to pay.

Is it a good deal please? Do you know of any thing going wrong with such buys please? Do you have an experience of such buys?

Your comments would be most appreciated.

Rajinder

Reply to
Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

Yes. Clocked cars, no traceable history. They could have never been=20 serviced, have been written off...you don't know.

--=20 Conor

A high I.Q is like a Jeep. You still get stuck, just further from help.

Reply to
Conor

Hi, This game WAS massive here in Ireland... well Japanese imports....Subaru's, Mitsubishi EVO's, Jeeps. In my experience parts were a major problem..... European shocks are not interchangeable, Even oil filters,brake pads and ANY engine component. In the jeeps the gearbox bits were impossible to get except from Japan... and that took 3 months at least. Want my advice ?..... buy the European market model......Better residual value, cheaper servicing and better all round. Only my opinion.... don't shoot the messenger !!

JK

Reply to
JK

Which is the case with any 2nd hand car.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Unless you really want something you can only get that way or you know what you're doing I suspect it's going to be more hassle than it's worth

Reply to
Duncan Wood

I read a website recently where somebody checked the cars in a well-known dealer against the Japanese auction records and found that about two-thirds of the cars on the dealer's list appeared to have been clocked.

Gareth

Reply to
Gareth A.

Thanks for the replies.