No Carb Icing Posts yet !

3 days of cold weather, and no-ones' car has mysteriously died yet !

Graham

Reply to
Graham

Graham waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

won't take long for all the Boy racer Novas with K&N filters to be crying about "loss of power, then it stopped, then after 5 minutes it started"

Reply to
Pete M

The message from "Graham" contains these words:

Maybe they're all driving gently.

By the way, lovely bit about wet roads and skidding in New Scientist the other day. Apparently Californians think wet roads are dangerous, particularly so with their climate where it may be months between rains....and quite right they are, of course. And what do they do about it? They drive faster to get home safely sooner.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "Pete M" contains these words:

First time I really had trouble with it was a Renault Espace where the exhaust stove and trunking were simply absent. No trace of 'em. Had to make a stove from the baseplate of an old VCR and buy a long bit of crinkly shiny pipe stuff and invent it. Worked for at least three winters before she sold it.

Reply to
Guy King

Guy King waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

Typical septic mentality...

"Guns are dangerous, so I'll buy one just in case."

Reply to
Pete M

Ha, I had that last year, on a Rapid. made a mod, cut a hole in the top of k/n and used the original manifold pipe into the top. Just the job :)

Reply to
Neil B - blueyonder Internet Redditch

Very few cars left with carbs? Perhaps uk.rec.cars.classic would have had more positive replies. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman

One guys car battery died at work.

Reply to
Conor Turton

Oh, all right. Just to make you happy: Yesterday I made a cake in the shape of an A-series engine, but I can't get the icing to stay on the carb - it falls off all the time. Any ideas? ;-)

Tom.

Reply to
Tom Saul

The message from "Tom Saul" contains these words:

Too much egg. Pull the yolk out and it'll be all white.

Reply to
Guy King

Have you tried heating it on the stove...

Reply to
David Linley

Tried that. And also found that the yolk was causing problems (thanks, Guy). However on my second attempt I found that there was not enough air in the mixture.....

....and the cake collapsed. ;-)

Tom. (who really hopes that there are no people just starting this thread from here because they'll be *really* confused!)

Reply to
Tom Saul

In article , Guy King writes

You have to use the Shell, though.

Are you using the right sort of currant?

Reply to
Peter Twydell

The message from Peter Twydell contains these words:

You silly fuel.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "Graham" contains these words:

I reckon the air temperatre hasn't been low enough yet. It's got to be the right combination of cold and damp and continuous wide throttle to do it. And a faulty or wrongly set intake heater, of course.

Reply to
Guy King

Hi

Wasn't expecting too many replies ! Just a cynical comment, after all the postings we had here last year (So long ago already !)

Just jumped in early.

Graham

Reply to
Graham

Oh dear. Oh deary me. Not only am I screwing up with the yolk and mixture, but I'm using sultanas. That's not the worst of it - I got confused while reading all the oil posts and put Castrol magnatec in the cake instead of sunflower oil. Now the cake is sticking to my guests' fillings.

Tom. (could this get more surreal?)

Reply to
Tom Saul

i expect your dinner party guests are feeling a bit gutless?

[ ......ill get my coat]
Reply to
Tom Burton

Or an induction kit that bypasses and intake heater.

-- James

Reply to
James

The message from "James" contains these words:

I reckon that counts as faulty!

Reply to
Guy King