inspection light

I'd not think an 11 watt anything would give bright white light. Maybe ok for what you need, though. My own inspection light (home made) uses a 55 watt H4 car headlamp bulb. That's plenty bright.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Same with tungsten, then. Shades of grey.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

My physics does begin to run out here, but tungsten is near to a Plankian black body radiator, ie it starts glowing when you heat it up, calibrated sources use a very well calibrated oven and platinum.

Colour Rendering Index of tungsten is 100 , best fluros are low 90`s, LEDs can creep into the 80`s though seen some with mixed sources, RGB

  • Amber, claim higher.

LEDs fine for non colour critical tasks, but would have serious concerns using them for things like medical use because of the colour distortion.

Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

11W at short range great, as a supposed replacement for a household 60w illuminating a room, crap.

Not find a 55w a bit glary at short range?

Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

Dave Plowman (News) explained :

Easier to use is one of those domestic 12v 50w lamps with a built in reflector, intended to work from a transformer. If you don't have the bi-pin plug for the lamp, you can just use some heat resistant connectors.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

How is your homemade light powered ?

I think the 11 wat flourescent light will suffice for what I need, so I'll get one similar to the one on ebay from my local motor place which I called and they have them in stock as of monday.

thanks

Reply to
GreasyFingers

I made it up based on an old wire cage type which has a movable shield.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Off a 12 volt transformer. In line unit rather than wall wart.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Interestingly most of the medical sources I've seen recently have been discharge lamps, with CRIs form 84-91.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Give me convience or give me death..

84 is a bit low especially when its red its deficient in, but heck its easy to focus down an endescope...

Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

I've had a play with some gel & I reckon being red deficients almost an advantage, it's not as if the view out of an endoscopes particularly similar to the real world.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Just get a 11w low energy bulb.

Peter Hill

I have just tested the 12 LED headlamp from Netto. Perfect! The brilliant light (using all the 12 LEDs) resembles the bright 'cold' light from fluorescent tubes, not the 'warm' glow of the modern incandescent bulb in your desk lamp. It may come as a surprise to some: for close up work bending over the engine (i.e. blocking out the light) under the hood (i.e.situation made even worse), I prefer working in this 'bleached' light. To me, this is its strength, not weakness. I haven't tried working on colour coded wires yet. Recalling the fluorescent lights of yesteryears, again I fear the difficulty referred to in differentiating certain colour subtlety (in auto electrical tasks) is in theory, not met in practice.

I'm going to spend another £2.99 tomorrow!

Reply to
Lin Chung

But it s that grey looking patch inflamed or just grey looking.....

Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

CFL are too fragile, 11W probably a triple loop and all the electronics in the lamp base wobbling around in the holder, PL lamp is single longer loop on a bi pin base with all the electronics in the fitting.

Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby