Insurance claim questions / advice please.

"Mike G" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I've just done a bit of playing with confused.com for another thread - the utterly no-blame £1000 claim (not off my policy, off the other driver's, and all settled with no hassle whatsoever, so I still have full NCB) had a significantly greater effect on my premium than 2xSP30s.

Reply to
Adrian

Maybe you need need to change your policy, (no pun intended) of how you select an Ins Co. I use a local broker. The same one for over 20 years. He knows I am not interested in the cheapest, unless they they also offer hassle free claims, and don't penalise me for 'no blame' accidents, and try to recover their costs by loading my premium. Maybe it costs me a little bit more, but IMO it's worth it.

As brokers they are in an excellent position to judge the real performance of an Ins Co, rather than going by what they advertise, and there are other advantages in using a regular broker.

Knowing me and my history, a quick phone call, giving just the reg'n, model of car, and approximate value, is all that is needed to get cover when buying a s/h car, leaving any payment and paperwork to be sorted out later. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G