Is this a high quote for a cambelt ?

[...]

I think you stand more chance with any dealer if you have a good relationship with them, and use them for servicing.

I had the infamous recirc motor failure on my first Focus well outside warranty, and it was fixed FOC without me even asking.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I've been in that situation and still found them to be slippery. Of course its possible that Peter's friend didn't own the car from new and didn't have time to build up a relationship with the dealer. Eighteen months out of warranty and not the original owner....... no chance.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

He had never had it serviced. It had a fully stamped up service book and receipt for last service.

He bought it 2nd hand and it's next service wasn't due for some time ~ about 3k miles.

Reply to
Peter Hill

In 1989 I had a new Escort 1.8D as a lease car. 6k service intervals were religiously adhered to, cambelt change required at 48k. Mine snapped at 45k. Shortly afterwards intervals decreased to 36k. I don't believe the lease company paid for the repair, Ford did.

A mate had an 89 Fiesta 1.8D - his belt snapped at motorway speeds 31k after being replaced at a Ford main dealer, causing serious damage. The whole job was completed by them FOC to him.

Reply to
Doctor D

This would've been the Endura-DE 90hp TD as fitted to Mk5&6 Scrots, Mondy MK1&2's and the like. Very Very common for them to break belts.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

2 hours job.

Imagine if the belt you supply snaps, and you go back demanding they make good the damage as you claim it was fitted badly. The garage claim it was installed perfectly and the problem was the poor quality belt you supply. Who is right here? I can't say I blame them for not wanting to get put in that position.

Reply to
Simon Finnigan