It had an air-cooled Villiers engine...

Offered on e-bay:

AC Petite Water Pump Flexible Performance Gasket

Reply to
Davey

This must be some of the most inept spamming ever. No links, incorrect subject line and lousy product description.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

The subject line is correct, and relevant to the advertised item:

I was trying to be brief, obviously too brief.

Reply to
Davey

So, you're plugging some sort of liquid gasket product with the subject line " It had an air-cooled Villiers engine..."?

In what universe is that a "correct" subject line and how is it relevant?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Don't lose any sleep over this. It is a generic product from far east. Perhaps ok, perhaps shit. Better home grown shit available at lesser cost. I'm interested to know why seller has specified AC Petite. A very limited market. Nick.

Reply to
Nick

Er, no, what makes you think that?

Reply to
Davey

I won't, believe me!

That was what I gathered from looking at the page.

Definitely, and as I pointed out in the OP, totally useless on an air-cooled engine.

Reply to
Davey

Well you're posting a gratuitous advert for a product (ie, no one has requested info about it) and your subject line is as I stated. Look at it.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Most first messages in a thread have no precedents, so what? I was commenting on the irrelevance of an advert. to its subject matter, due to its basic error of fact. Live with it.

Reply to
Davey

Simples

They just have a big list of every known engine in the whole world and have seeded the search engines so they get a hit.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Common on Ebay. When looking at parts for my SD1. Bit of a pain, actually.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)