Lexus parts availability

My daughter & her husband have negotiated the purchase of a used Lexus RX400H and have left a D. On inspection they found the button that works the rear tailgate closer inoperative. Selling dealer agreed that this would be replaced foc. Fair enough. That was 18 days ago. Dealer says Lexus are awaiting stock of the new switch. I have used Toyota for more than 30 years and I don't remember ever having to wait more than 36hrs for parts. And some of those quite obscure (gearbox/diff parts etc). I have advised them to demand full refund of deposit and walk away from the purchase.

Any thoughts? Thanks, Nick.

Reply to
Nick

Wonder if it is indeed the switch? Often not that simple these days.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Does the tailgate open using the remote fob? If NO, then the tailgate lock is probably turned on. This is a simple push button located inside the passenger glove box.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

It really is nice when people post a reply of thanks.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I always reply and thank respondees. My apologies for delay in this case, I have been working away for a few days. Many thanks, Nick.

Reply to
Nick

My thanks to Dave and Mrcheerful for their helpful replies. This msg not in any way prompted by Mr P. Thanks again, Nick.

Reply to
Nick

Reply to
Mr Pounder