k reg clio front wheel bearing

are these a big job to do or is it best leaving it to a garage?

angie xxx

Reply to
nuttytart in cyberspace

For what it costs to get it done at a garage, I'd let them. Costs an hours labour to get one fitted for most cars. Up here that's £30 well spent to save the grief and aggro of getting it to bits then finding you need a press to put it all back together.

Reply to
Conor

Agreed. Sometimes it's definitely worth paying a garage.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Reply to
nuttytart in cyberspace

prolly find the drive shaft is locktighted into the hub

Reply to
Angus McCoatup©

Well if Hubby has a hydraulic press its half an hours work, if not it is still cheaper for you to source your own bearing, remove the hub and just take it to your local friendly garage and ask them to swap the bearings while you wait. My local does that for me for a fiver.

Come home, and stick it back on.

Reply to
JonnyBoy

A good point. I carried an Astra leg to my local garage when I found the bearing was pressed on and they did it for a fiver.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

The message from "Mungo \"two sheds\" Toadfoot" contains these words:

Course - if your Astra had had wheels you could have driven it there.

Reply to
Guy King

We couldn't afford wheels. Not all at once anyway.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

The message from "Mungo \"two sheds\" Toadfoot" contains these words:

Not even if you sold the brakes?

My sister once got in a taxi in Lagos - IIRC it was their last day in Nigeria after several years there with Shell. Anyway - all the way to the airport the bloke drove rather oddly - rolling up to junctions slowly etc - which is most unAfrican.

When he got to the airport he stopped by gently rolling into the car in front. Sis asked him what it was all about and he said "Last week I sold the brakes to my brother".

Reply to
Guy King

And that's how it should be! Come the revolution, bruvver, we will all be allowed to drive cars with no brakes. Or wheels.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot